FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile      Log in to check your messages   Log in 

Axis Mundi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    avenue-b Forum Index -> creative people must be stopped
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mishka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject: Axis Mundi Reply with quote

(I hope this is in the right place!)

On the cover of Live from Axis Mundi there is a picture of 5 arrows and a snake. I think the concept of axis mundi itself is fascinating and wonderful, but I was wondering how the drawing on the cover related to it (if it even does, maybe it is just a cool picture Smile ). Axis mundi, in its various religious/secular incarnations, is usually symbolized by something that goes north to south, such as a tree or an obelisk of some sort, rather than the east to west of the arrows and snake.

However, now that I actually write that out, maybe that is intentional? Symbolizing the coming together of east and west rather than of sky and earth (higher and lower)...probably that would make sense considering (part of) the band's message. But even so, what about the snake and arrows themselves? And maybe I'm analyzing too much (typical Embarassed ) but why 5 arrows?

Thoughts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    avenue-b Forum Index -> creative people must be stopped All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: