FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile      Log in to check your messages   Log in 

music concert

View previous topic :: View next topic  
khayola

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: music concert Reply with quote

Would a rock music concert that features local bands be a good first date idea ? Both this girl I am interested in and myself like rock music. There is a small venue 20 minutes from where I live that features local rock bands a few times a month. When I ask her out, should I suggest the rock music concert as a first date location ?

Last edited by khayola on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
atlas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds perfect.
telegramsam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: music concert Reply with quote

khayola wrote:
Would a rock music concert that features local bands be a good first date idea ? Both this girl I am interested in and myself like rock music. There is a small venue 20 minutes from where I live that features local rock bands a few times a month. When I ask her out, should I suggest the rock music concert as a first date location ?

Anything both of you are interested in and enjoy is a good date location I think. Nothing worse than a boring date!
cocteau

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds good. I've only ever had a few dates and they've not been brilliant. My first ever one was horrendous. He bought me one cheap beer at a pub then instead of going to a club we went to KFC.
telegramsam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cocteau wrote:
That sounds good. I've only ever had a few dates and they've not been brilliant. My first ever one was horrendous. He bought me one cheap beer at a pub then instead of going to a club we went to KFC.

Oh don't feel bad, all the dates I ever went on were pretty much like that. My first date I was supposed to meet this guy at a restaurant at noon... he showed up an hour late. I don't know why I didn't get up after 15 minutes. Youthful foolishness I suppose.

Blind dates are the worst, though. Never let anybody set you up, because then you will have nothing in common and it will be eating dinner over strained small-talk and awkwardness.

I don't bother dating anymore, oddly enough. Rolling Eyes

(Yes, I am well on my way to being a crazy cat lady. No, I don't care! Twisted Evil)
moe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we completely derail this thread in to worst date ever?

Once I went on a blind date where the guy stuffed dinner rolls in his denim jacket pockets, needless to say when the bill came he suggested we go dutch.

Don't you wish you could just have the nerve to get up as soon as something goes awry, like when the dinner rolls are being stuffed into a jacket. It is amazing the things people will put up with not to appear rude.

So what is the worst thing you had to suffer through?
cocteau

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh yay, derailment!

My mum has only met one of my boyfriends, my second one, when I was 17. He was 21 so I kind of needed parental approval. He turned up completely wasted. I don't think I need to go into details about how bad that night was. I think I've had maybe 2 other dates in my life - luckily not as bad as that episode. Ugh.
telegramsam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moe wrote:
Can we completely derail this thread in to worst date ever?

Once I went on a blind date where the guy stuffed dinner rolls in his denim jacket pockets, needless to say when the bill came he suggested we go dutch.

Don't you wish you could just have the nerve to get up as soon as something goes awry, like when the dinner rolls are being stuffed into a jacket. It is amazing the things people will put up with not to appear rude.

So what is the worst thing you had to suffer through?

I've never had a problem "going Dutch" especially if I'm dating somebody who maybe doesn't earn a lot, but stuffing bread in his pockets?!? My 86 year old grandmother does that (well, putting food in her purse at restaurants). But she has the excuse of growing up during the Great Depression and not having much food as a child, I wonder what that guy's problem was? Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    avenue-b Forum Index -> blah blah blah All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: