FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile      Log in to check your messages   Log in 

Pam Photoshoot with Sam Bassett

Post new topic   Reply to topic    avenue-b Forum Index -> creative people must be stopped
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belowen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Pam Photoshoot with Sam Bassett Reply with quote

Hi all,

This is my first post and I just wanted to share this amazing photoshoot that Pam did with photographer Sam Bassett. I hope this hasn't been posted before, I couldn't find it via a search...

source

I hope this is new, and that you enjoy the pics!
Butterflytrappedinfrost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a newbie myself so I can't really tell but they are amazing pics so thanks for posting and welcome Very Happy
Tee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the're great , rest of his work is good too..do you know anything of the origins of the clothes ,costumes?
Belowen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure on the styling, I'm sorry. It looks like a self styled shoot to me, considering the fact that Pam is wearing the Liz McLean dress (the purple one) that she chose for the Liz McClean photographic collection presentation (shot by Mary Rozzi) & then later wore to the presentation night. I'm assuming that they let her keep the dress. She's also wearing her own belt in picture #3. Again, she might have been able to keep the belt after this shoot, I'm not sure of the timeline.

Smile
Belowen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the shot from Liz McLean that I was talking about:

alison

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That girl is so goddamn lovely looking. Gene-pool WINNER.
Tee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Belowen, will look into Liz McClean....I love seeing this extra curicular stuff....I know Pam and Liz are both into dressing up, its great to see something from that side of her life. She looks amazing of course, one stylish lady ....
Tee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to say that I LOVE the tiger dress! This shoot reminds me of pictures of the Biba shop in its hay days, especially the first one..
Belowen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. Pam is quite involved in the fashion scene in NYC. She was (or still is) a fit model for designers Rag & Bone. She attends a lot of shows during fashion weeks in NYC as well Smile
Butterflytrappedinfrost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few new (at least to me) pics of our fashionista Smile

go here:
http://donotshoeme.blogspot.com/2010/03/play-with-gogol-bordello.html
alison

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, it must be shit getting stopped in the street when you're just out walking your dog.

Still, the dog itself looks well up for it in the first picture.
Butterflytrappedinfrost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alison wrote:
God, it must be shit getting stopped in the street when you're just out walking your dog.

Still, the dog itself looks well up for it in the first picture.

Those people can't even spell privacy! But the dog looks like he/she thinks he/she is the star Mr. Green my cat couldn't have done the look better Razz
Belowen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, thanks a lot! Those pictures are new to me Smile

ETA: I wonder if those pictures were taking this Sunday? Does that mean that Pam isn't in Australia with GB? Shocked
Butterflytrappedinfrost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belowen wrote:
Ooh, thanks a lot! Those pictures are new to me Smile

ETA: I wonder if those pictures were taking this Sunday? Does that mean that Pam isn't in Australia with GB? Shocked

You're very welcome Smile

And I don't think so - she probably is with GB and the pics are a bit older it didn't say 'last sunday' or something!
Belowen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thought it was strange to have posted that post when she did, (so soon after Sunday) and how she was talking about Pam being on a Sunday morning stroll. The rest of the pictures on that blog seem to follow a steady timeline (she shoots, and posts soon after).
Butterflytrappedinfrost

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belowen wrote:
I just thought it was strange to have posted that post when she did, (so soon after Sunday) and how she was talking about Pam being on a Sunday morning stroll. The rest of the pictures on that blog seem to follow a steady timeline (she shoots, and posts soon after).

You are right, I hadn't even noticed that. Maybe Alison's right and she's still on that sick leave - as the pics from Melbourne show :/
Belowen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured out that the setting of these images seems to be the NY apartment of Pam's friend/hairstylist/photographer Gerald DeCock Very Happy
cocteau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are wonderful pictures, she looks absolutely stunning <3
Belowen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more pictures...

MaireW

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just now saw the last new photos added here at the end - fabulous! thanks for posting them! Anything newer, like from the recent NYC Fashion week or?
Belowen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaireW wrote:
Just now saw the last new photos added here at the end - fabulous! thanks for posting them! Anything newer, like from the recent NYC Fashion week or?

Yes, there is one shot from fashion week of Pam modelling, here:

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/2927/19769384.jpg

Other than that, I've not seen her at any of the shows or anything this time around..
alison

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golly, what a gorgeous photograph.
Belowen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another new shot from the IMPROVD shoot, and a better quality version of the last pic I posted...

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3803/60760947.jpg

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/949/96741623.jpg

And a new interview (please remove this if it's not appropriate to post!)

When it came to deciding what she wanted to wear for her shoot for IMPROVD’s Spring/Summer 2011 Exhibition, Pamela Racine wanted to keep it very simple. “I really just want to be kind of naked,” she said. Apparently, it’s been a rough year for the musician-dancer, and this was her way of letting it all go. “I was burglarized twice, in two different homes, my house caught on fire and I lost a lot, and I was also robbed in Central Park, all within six months,” she told IMPROVD. “So my outlook on belongings has changed.” But in spite of tough losses, Pamela was nothing but positive while modeling for Yelena Yemchuk – and still found herself lusting over our jackets!

IMPROVD: What was your favorite piece in the collection?

PAMELA RACINE: The washed leather – texture and the fit. As a girl, it’s hard to find a leather jacket that has nice texture so usually you find vintage ones and they’re really boxy, so this was gorgeous.

I: How would you describe your personal style?

PR: My clothes have to go through a lot of weathering, like I do. I’m kind of one of those rough and tumble girls. I like to fix things, I like to make things, I like to be hard on myself and my clothes. Just physically, I’m a dancer, and my clothes have to be able to weather the storm.

I: What’s your investment piece – fashion or technology?

PR: Clothes are a necessity. I think in the past I would invest, and I would spend a lot of money on my clothes, but when you have it all taken away from you or it goes up in flames, what have you invested in? So I think whatever makes you feel good in the moment, buy it or wear it. And if it costs a lot or it doesn’t, doesn’t matter. But if you’re going to buy an investment piece, you never know what will happen or who you will be in 10 years and you’ll never want to wear that again. As far as technology goes, I’m not a super-uber gadget girl, I do like them, but then again just not a necessity. I’ll take a cool phone where I can type fast on it so I don’t waste my time.

I: If you had eight hours to improve anything, what would you do?

PR: Lets clean up the gulf! And the pelicans! That was the first thing that came to my mind, but I have an innate love nature and the environment and animals. If I had eight hours, I’d go there and brush the little pelicans and wash them up. Personally, that would be wonderful.
eastinfection

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belowen wrote:
Another new shot from the IMPROVD shoot, and a better quality version of the last pic I posted...

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3803/60760947.jpg

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/949/96741623.jpg

And a new interview (please remove this if it's not appropriate to post!)

When it came to deciding what she wanted to wear for her shoot for IMPROVD’s Spring/Summer 2011 Exhibition, Pamela Racine wanted to keep it very simple. “I really just want to be kind of naked,” she said. Apparently, it’s been a rough year for the musician-dancer, and this was her way of letting it all go. “I was burglarized twice, in two different homes, my house caught on fire and I lost a lot, and I was also robbed in Central Park, all within six months,” she told IMPROVD. “So my outlook on belongings has changed.” But in spite of tough losses, Pamela was nothing but positive while modeling for Yelena Yemchuk – and still found herself lusting over our jackets!

IMPROVD: What was your favorite piece in the collection?

PAMELA RACINE: The washed leather – texture and the fit. As a girl, it’s hard to find a leather jacket that has nice texture so usually you find vintage ones and they’re really boxy, so this was gorgeous.

I: How would you describe your personal style?

PR: My clothes have to go through a lot of weathering, like I do. I’m kind of one of those rough and tumble girls. I like to fix things, I like to make things, I like to be hard on myself and my clothes. Just physically, I’m a dancer, and my clothes have to be able to weather the storm.

I: What’s your investment piece – fashion or technology?

PR: Clothes are a necessity. I think in the past I would invest, and I would spend a lot of money on my clothes, but when you have it all taken away from you or it goes up in flames, what have you invested in? So I think whatever makes you feel good in the moment, buy it or wear it. And if it costs a lot or it doesn’t, doesn’t matter. But if you’re going to buy an investment piece, you never know what will happen or who you will be in 10 years and you’ll never want to wear that again. As far as technology goes, I’m not a super-uber gadget girl, I do like them, but then again just not a necessity. I’ll take a cool phone where I can type fast on it so I don’t waste my time.

I: If you had eight hours to improve anything, what would you do?

PR: Lets clean up the gulf! And the pelicans! That was the first thing that came to my mind, but I have an innate love nature and the environment and animals. If I had eight hours, I’d go there and brush the little pelicans and wash them up. Personally, that would be wonderful.

The photos are gorgeous, but I'm sorry to hear that she has been having a rough few months. Thanks for finding all this stuff and posting it Belowen! I MISS HER!
kali_alejandra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i miss her too. thanks for posting the lovely photos
Que siempre me echa a caminar
alison

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belowen wrote:
“I was burglarized twice, in two different homes, my house caught on fire and I lost a lot, and I was also robbed in Central Park, all within six months,” she told IMPROVD.

What a shit fucking year. Sad
Little Spy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's rubbish...poor Pam. Not single spies but battalions right?
Belowen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pic from Halloween posted on Twitter

Mishka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alison wrote:
Belowen wrote:
“I was burglarized twice, in two different homes, my house caught on fire and I lost a lot, and I was also robbed in Central Park, all within six months,” she told IMPROVD.

What a shit fucking year. Sad

agreed Sad It sucks that horrible things don't only happen to horrible people. I hope that things start looking up/look up already for her.
Belowen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, I thought you might be interested to know that Pam was the lookbook model for Gregory Parkinson's 2011 SS collection.

You can see the rest on my Pam site Smile
Belowen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little update on Pam for those that are interested Smile

A couple of new pictures:

and a little interview to go with the last picture -

Quote:
“After twelve years on the road I had rediscover my femininity,” says Pamela Racine, who toured the world for over a decade as lead dancer/choreographer and musician with Gypsy punk band Gogol Bordello.

“Being on a tour with a dozen guys and a crazy schedule, it was hard to find a place for myself. Even making up before a show – the only time I hoped to have for myself – was hectic and crowded. And the makeup itself was very heavy – it’s for stage after all – and I rarely had the time or place to really remove it. I just had to put more on the next night – ‘whomp-whomp!’ Non-stop schedules, dirty bunks, dehydration from drinking – on tour I felt I was never clean – like my face was falling off!”

“Now I’m taking time to rediscover my creative self, and that includes reclaiming my femininity. I spent a year wearing no makeup – it’s as if my face needed to expel all the junk, and just breathe. Now I’ve been modelling and acting, as well as making music – I just completed a workshop on acting and music with Olympia Dukakis. Having a stable home life and routines is a novelty to me. I still keep my makeup organized in sections – in clear bags, so I can just grab what I need in a hurry. Though most of the time I wear very little makeup – I’m really enjoying feeling clean and pretty now, hahaha! But I keep the crazy colors around – I still like to pull out the stops when I go out!”

Three favorites:

MAC Lip Pencil in Beet

NARS Blush Duo in Orgasm and Super Orgasm

Maybelline Volum’Express The Colossal mascara in Glam Black

Found here: http://wildbeautyworld.com/2011/06/21/other-peoples-makeup-pamela-racine/
Jayne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*So* cool - thanks so much for finding/posting this!

Those "light" pics are awesome, especially the one in the corner.

But my fave part is that she's still making music - I hope we get to hear it some day! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    avenue-b Forum Index -> creative people must be stopped All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: